Monday, August 23, 2010

Wastewater Fieldtrip Species List - from Feller

.
As promised (or threatened) in Saturday's post, here's a species list from the group fieldtrip to the Wastewater on Saturday (Aug. 21).  For those who do not know Feller DeWitt, good luck!  In fairness I must mention that I had warned him any list had better be perfect or he'd be hearing from the Bird Police.

- Ric


Feller's Email:

My list as I saw them - thats my story and I am sticking with it.

American Crow, House Sparrow, European Starling, Ring-billed Gull, Rock Pigeon, Mo Do (Mourning Dove), Wood Duck, Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Tree Swallow, Bank Swallow, Herring Gull, Mallard, Canada Goose, Semipalmated Plover, Semipalmated Sandpiper, Least Sandpiper, Horned Lark, Gadwall, Northern Shoveler, Killdeer, Lesser Yellowlegs, Wild Turkey, Cooper's Hawk, Baird's Sandpiper, Short-billed Dowitcher, Red-tailed Hawk, Eastern Kingbird, Ruddy Duck, Caspian Tern, Turkey Vulture, Spotted Sandpiper, Cedar Waxwing, Eastern Meadowlark, Grebe (species), Pectoral Sandpiper, Barn Swallow, Northern Rough-winged Swallow, Northern Cardinal, Blue Jay, Black-capped Chickadee.
.
IT WAS VERY HARD TO TYPE THIS LIST WITH MY HANDS CUFFED BEHIND MY BACK, DARN BIRD POLICE . I used a pencil held in my teeth, and it was REALLY REALLY hard to do ctrl alt delete.

-  Feller
.     

No comments: