Saturday, April 21, 2012

IBIS AT WASTEWATER !

.
Pasted below is the most recent of many Mich-lister messages referring to an IBIS species at the Wastewater today.  Click on Zachary DeBruine's web address in this message for more information, and enjoy the photos sent to us today by Dan Lockard.  Thanks, Dan!
.
Hey all,

I've finally uploaded a few of my photos and submitted a draft eBird
checklist.  I believe the ibis was a White-faced on the basis of red facial
skin, iris, and leg color.  I don't have much experience with this species,
so please follow-up if I have overlooked anything in the identification
process!

You can view my checklist and preliminary photos at
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S10505942.  I will finish this
checklist tonight and add a few videos.

Good Birding,
Zachary DeBruine
.


.
Meanwhile (as luck would have it) our Field Trip group drove right past the Wastewater and the Ibis to Howard Christensen Nature Center where Greg Swanson led us on a beautiful 33-bird-species walk that included a Raven carrying a mouse.  More details on our homepage.)
.

5 comments:

sissypants said...

Wow Dan, you totally MAXED out quality! Those are gorgeous photos!!!

Anonymous said...

Well i hope this helped with your big year.

sissypants said...

Was that sarcastic. It was #139, I'm at #140 now...

Anonymous said...

Not sarcastic, i am glad you liked my picts

RichH Photography said...

Very nice shots Dan.