Thursday, August 23, 2012

Eared Grebes at WW August 21


August 23 Email:

Below is a copy of the post I made to the UmichBirders listserv on Tuesday evening.  Now that I've found the recent sighting page of the MCNC blog, I figured that I ought to pass it along.

"My work took me to the far side of the state today.  A quick spin through the Muskegon Wastewater facility yielded three Eared Grebes in adult (breeding) plumage this morning.  They were paddling southbound from the north dike of the east storage lagoon.  There were goodly numbers of shorebirds, Lesser Yellowlegs being the most prominent.  A few Short-billed Dowitchers were also peppered into the small flocks of Killdeer, Spotted and 'Peep' Sandpipers.  Swallows and Northern Shovelers were ubiquitous."

Dan Sparks-Jackson
Chelsea, MI

No comments: