Monday, January 21, 2013

Western Grebe and Purple Sandpiper Reported


Hi.  I live in Grand Rapids and have been birding for quite a few years now, but don't really post much on any listers. However I just thought I'd report that I went to Muskegon this morning and walked out on the southern pier at Pier Marquette Park. Nearly froze on the walk out, but it was worth it.  Had the Purple Sandpiper fly by me as he circled the southern pier looking for a place to escape the wind. Also at the tip of the northern pier there was the Western Grebe that has been reported lately mixed in with a flock of Long-tailed Ducks and Common Goldeneyes.  Lots of mergansers, some scaups, and a White-winged Scoter as well all near the northern pier. 

Good Birding!
- Elliot Nelson 

Good to hear from you, Elliot.  Thanks for the report.   - Ric

No comments: