Sunday, July 21, 2013

Birds at "The Dubs" on Saturday


July 20 Email:

I saw your other post today and that explained why I didn't see ANYone at "The Dubs" (aka The Wastewater) today!

finally made it out and caught almost all the summer birds I was hoping for before they leave!  Dickcissel, Orchard Oriole, Upland Sandpiper, Bonaparte's Gull, Grasshopper Sparrow, more Vesper Sparrows than I've ever had before (7), and good numbers of shorebirds, the highlight being a beautiful Short-billed Dowitcher shining in the sun. Also had a Peregrine Falcon chasing the plentiful peeps in the grassy cells.  Great day!!  Still have to crunch the numbers, but thought I'd check in first.

Blessed birding be with you!

Photos attached of Dickcissel, Short-billed Dowitcher (ugh, this picture does it NO justice!) and Upland Sandpiper if you're interested.

Phil Vreeman

Yes, Phil, very interested!  Thanks for the photos and the information.  - Ric




No comments: