Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Shrike, Larks, Buntings, and Loon Today


March 12 Email:

Hey Ric,

I was at the Wastewater today and the shrike was around again.  I was able to snag a pic of him for you.  Horned Larks and Snow Buntings were EVERYWHERE!!!  There was also a loon at the Pere Marquette Channel.  It was too distant to get a decent shot, but I'll include it for you. 

- Travis Dewys





.
Travis, your Northern Shrike picture is good enough for me to count on my Year List, but I won't.  That bird is intentionally dodging me!  Yes, the Horned Larks are covering the ground out there lately.  And I'm posting your Common Loon photo even though it is distant.  That bird or his brother was in the Channel on Sunday also when Carol and I drove by.  - Ric

2 comments:

Charlie DeWitt said...

Travis, nice pictures.

Charlie DeWitt

t3dewys said...

Thanks Charlie.