Wednesday, June 25, 2014

30 Species at Hofma This Morning


I don't know if Carol reacted to Charlie's post below, but I headed to the Hofma Preserve this morning to add Sedge Wren to my Year List (#169 for anyone wondering how the perennial Celler Dweller is doing).  There were at least four singing on the marsh including this one in a tree southwest of the center marsh bridge.


This morning's 30 species included Green Heron, Sora, Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Pileated Woodpecker, Veery, Wood Thrush, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Common Yellowthroat ...


... and this Alder Flycatcher which identified itself by song (sorry, Charlie).


Nothing out of the ordinary except, perhaps, a weasel that crossed my path in the woods just north of the marsh.

- Ric

2 comments:

Charlie DeWitt said...

Nice pictures Ric, does this mean I don't have to post any more pictures?

So what is more fun, birding or photography?

Charlie DeWitt

Ric said...

Thanks for the compliment, but of course you and our other real photographers have to keep posting photographs. Mine are snapshots by comparison as anyone can see. I still like birding more. The camera just adds some fun after I've used the binocular.