Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Common Raven Today at the Wastewater


I was out to Oakridge again today and took a quick spin around the Wastewater during my "lunch break" (no comments, please).  No Golden Eagle or Northern Shrike, but did add a nice Year Bird: Common Raven.

Just before noon it flew from the edge of Swanson Road by the East Lagoon north, landed twice east of Swanson (once on a field, once on a sprinkler unit), then flew off to the east.  In addition to being larger than a nearby crow and having the hunkin' beak and bigger tail, it conveniently CRAWKed! each time it flew!

- Ric

2 comments:

Travis Dewys said...

I saw you during your "lunch break." Thanks for the heads up on the Raven. I found it shortly after running into you.

Ric said...

Hey, Travis, that's a comment! However, it's not about my "lunch break" so -- I'm glad you also saw the raven.