Sunday, April 28, 2019

Yup. Mike's Bigfoot Is a Bear!


Before reading these two emails from Mike VanderStelt today, you might read his April 5 email posted below ("Of Birds and Bears").

1.  My Little Friend (12:14 p.m.):

The 21st, at 11:45 p.m., my backyard:


2.  Any Guesses on Size?  (12:17 p.m.):

The near edge of the birdbath is 23 inches tall and is 22 feet away from the game camera, the bear appears to be almost dead center between the two, and the game camera lens is 47 inches from the ground which is level.  I would estimate it is a little shy of just splitting the differences in height?

Your estimate sounds reasonable to me.  Others may want to guess its size.  Knowing that it's a bear, I don't care what size, I just know I don't want to stroll around your yard at night!  Thanks for sending!  - Ric  

No comments: