Sunday, November 3, 2019

Gloomy Saturday Morning with Many Birds


I birded the Wastewater properties Saturday morning, most of the time with 14 members of the Barry County Audubon Club on their field trip.  Despite dodging raindrops, we found a good number of birds, and they were still looking when I left.

Among the 15 species I saw were 7 Gadwall at the Clay Pond, 36 Snow Buntings along the southern half of the main dike, 24 American Black Ducks and 2 Green-winged Teal in Aeration Cell #5, 15 American Pipits, 6 Dunlin and a Pectoral Sandpiper in the south Rapid Filtration Basins,  2 Red-tailed Hawks, 1 Bald Eagle, and a Partridge in a Pear -- uh, no.

One of many Ruddy Ducks on the West Lagoon

Just before I joined the group, a member of their club had taken an excellent photo of a gigantic White-tailed Deer with a huge rack!  If she sends me that photo, I will post it here.

- Ric

No comments: