Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Golden Eagle Tuesday


I just thought I would share a cool bird experience.   I go down the Muskegon River and see many Bald Eagles in the winter.  I often glass over immature Bald Eagles to see if any of them are a Golden Eagles, but to this point they never have been (though I have seen a couple at the WW this year).  However, today I only saw one dark eagle from a distance, and as I approached it, its behavior and posture were different than a typical immature bald.  Upon closer look, it was in fact a Golden Eagle !   It had a smaller bill, a golden nape, and feathers all the way to the talons.   Attached are some pics.     

- Kevin Feenstra 





2 comments:

Ric said...

Excellenr sighting, Kevin. Thanks for sending the pictures.

Unknown said...

LOVE!!!