Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Tuesday Birding

On Tuesday I went to Muskegon to check for some ducks.  When I was in the Channel Dr. parking lot I saw a bird flying at me, a Peregrine Falcon, and it was nice enough to land on a power pole in the parking lot and let me take a few pictures.  

There was some open water on the north side of channel with good number of Redheads, Mallards, Common Goldeneyes and Scaup, mostly Greater.  I did see two Canvasbacks and four Gadwall.

At around 10:30 the Peregrine came back and landed on the north side of the channel near all the ducks.

Then I went to the Grand Haven north pier and counted 7 Great Black-backed gulls.  From there I went to the south side and checked the berry trees by the Snug Harbor restaurant.  I counted 20 American Robins and 60 to 70 Cedar Waxwings.



 Charlie DeWitt

No comments: