Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Monday and Tuesday Birding


Carol and I had some things to do in Muskegon and drove along Wood Rd. between Wilson and Pontaluna Rd. to check for birds.  Carol shot this picture of a Hermit Thrush by Black Lake Park.



We decided to go to the Sternburg Rd. McDonalds for lunch.  I had just started to eat my fries when Carol said, "What is that?".  There was a Red-tailed Hawk standing near the road eating something. Cars going by didn't bother it.  After it flew, I checked to see what it had been eating.  There weren't any feathers, but it looked like a duck bill on the ground.  


After that we went up to Messinger Rd to check on some wildflowers.  I spotted this Ruffed Grouse on the side of the road before the HQ building.



On the way back out from the yellow gate we spotted this Yellow-bellied Sapsucker.  Carol got a picture of it drinking sap.

We also saw about 10 Yellow-rumped Warblers.


Tuesday morning I went to Black Lake Park to take some night sky pictures.  I got there about 5:20 a.m.  While I was setting up the camera, I could hear a Great Horned Owl calling in the distance.

- Charlie and Carol DeWtt

3 comments:

Ric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M.C.N.C. said...

Nice photos! I'd like to ride along with you next time!

Unknown said...

Love these, Charlie!