Saturday, March 14, 2020

Rambi? *


March 13 Email:

I'm starting to believe that this is Rambi:


Hasn't come up to me yet, but will sit on that end of the deck a lot or on a branch real close to the deck for most of the day.  Plus, last year if any other Mourning Doves landed on the deck rail or the deck surface, he would immediately chase them off.  LOL, this one does the same.

I can talk loud, tap my feet on the floor, and even clap my hands as I used to when I would call him down to me from a branch, plus I have stood up quickly a few times without approaching him, and he just stares at me.  Time will tell.  If he wants to approach, I will let him do it on his own.  That is, if it is in fact him. 

- Mike VanderStelt

* The saga of Rambi began last year on this blog.  To start at the beginning, click "Older Posts" at the bottom of this page and the next two, then scroll down to "A Member of the Family" posted June 9, 2019.

No comments: