Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Breakwall Birds and Boat

.
July 11 Email:
.
My wife and I went to Pere Marquette Park this morning to try to get some photos of the boat that sank off the beach at the park.  While we were there, we took a walk out on the pier.  We ran into a very accommodating Double-crested Cormorant and what I believe may be a couple of Spotted Sandpipers.  I am not certain of the ID on the one bird that has the light colored breast, without spots.
.
I hope that everyone is having a safe summer,
.
Rick Hamlin
.
P.S.  I will throw in a photo of the sunken boat as well.  
.
.




.

4 comments:

Ric said...

Rick, if you'd looked about a half mile west you might have seen me in my brother-in-law's boat fishing for salmon! I agree that the other shorebird is a Spotted Sandpiper, but in non-breeding plumage.

RichH Photography said...

Ric,

While we were on the pier, we saw 3 fish caught right inside the break walls, within a few yards of the lighthouse. Thanks for the confirmation of the ID on the spotted sandpiper.

Rick

Dan Lockard said...

Nice find Rick!!

Ric said...

My agreeing doesn't make it right, but just what it looks like to me too! But unless someone with good shorebirding skills says otherwise, we're going with spotted!