Monday, July 2, 2012

Dowitchers, Yellowlegs and Swallows

.
July 1 Email:
.
Shirley and I did not find much at Lane's Landing this morning, but we did much better at the Wastewater. There were four different Short-billed Dowitchers.  I've attached a picture of one sharing the limelight with a Least Sandpiper (one of many). There were at least a dozen Lesser Yellowlegs, many more Spotted Sandpipers and even more Killdeer.  I've attached a picture of one of the yellowlegs. The Bank Swallows were very active.  The two babies in the picture were waiting for breakfast to be served.  

Please correct me if I've got any of the shorebirds wrong. I think that is the Short-billed and not the Long-billed, but I could be wrong.

Thanks!

Rich Schadle
.


.

1 comment:

Ric said...

Rich, I can't do dowitchers but I think the Short-billed's are more likely at Wastewater. Others may correct your ID's.