Thursday, September 6, 2012

Birds at WW Wednesday


September 6 Email:

Hi Ric,

I was given your name and website by someone I met while birding at Muskegon Wastewater yesterday (Ken ? - sorry bad with names).

I don't get to this area very often, but my work brings me over from Lansing every once in a while.  When I am in the area, I always try to stop by the Wastewater site to see and photograph what I can - especially shorebirds, which I also do woodcarvings of for shows (See http://www.scfwa.net/FlatsShowInfo-2012/2012%20SCFWA%20Results-120827.pdf ).

Here is my list from yesterday:  Killdeer (many), Spotted SP (a few), Stilt SP (1), Solitary SP (1), Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs (1 / 3), Short-billed Dowitcher (2), Least SP (a few), Buff-breasted SP (1), Common Snipe (1) and multiple plover which I believe are American Golden - juvenile black-bellied plover also show some golden colors, but I'm fairly sure these were goldens.  All were spotted in the afternoon ~3-4 pm at the southeast corner of the east lagoon.

I have attached a couple of pictures (Canon DSLR with 420 mm telephoto length) for you as well.

Tod Van Wieren

Tod, that probably would have been Ken Sapkowski.  Thanks for the report and pics.  - Ric




No comments: