Saturday, May 11, 2013

Yellow-breasted Chat and Cattle Egret


Back from ten days birding Southeast Arizona with Andy (recording 178 species, but who's counting?) I've found these two items of local interest both emailed on May 1.

- Ric

Yellow-breasted ChatMuskegon Lake Nature Preserve, 7:00 p.m., May 1.  Bonnie (Kot) and I both called the bird.  We were on the boardwalk along the creek near the "bridge".  Also 2 Yellow Warblers, 2 Nashville Warblers, 1 Palm Warbler.

Dave Herdegen

- - -
Hi Ric,

Spotted this Cattle Egret out at the Muskegon Wastewater area earlier this evening and Rick Hamlin told me the Muskegon Nature Club would be interested in the sighting.  I have never seen a Cattle Egret in Michigan before.

Randy Wegener


Rick is right, we are interested!  It's been quite a few years since I've heard of one of these in our county.  - Ric

No comments: