Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Piping Plover Sunday at Muskegon State Park


May 27 Email:

I live in Lansing, MI.  I am a member of Capital Area Audubon and Michigan Audubon.   I love birding in Muskegon and I come here often.  I also really enjoy this web site.  The pictures are incredible and the information is always very helpful.

I was staying in Muskegon this weekend with my girlfriend Sue.  We were birding all weekend and enjoying biking around the Muskegon Lake trail. On Sunday morning we spotted a Piping Plover on the Muskegon State Park beach just north of the north pier.  We were very excited to see it, and I was lucky enough to snap the attached photo.

We also had another exciting sighting Monday afternoon.  We stopped to bird the Muskegon Wastewater before heading out of town.  Along Swanson south of White we found a Common Raven sitting in the field on the east side of the road.  It flew over the road as we were watching it and landed in the farm field on the west side of Swanson.  Unfortunately it flew away before I could snap any photos.  It was being mobbed.

We'll be back to bird some more soon.  In the meantime I'll be enjoying this web site.

Bob Kingsbury


Thanks for the great photo, Bob.  Glad you enjoy the website.  - Ric

No comments: