Thursday, October 8, 2015

More Good Birds at the Wastewater


 Savannah Sparrow

 Spotted Sandpiper

Yesterday eBird didn't like my Spotted Sandpiper report, "Late date," they said.  Well I went back to the Wastewater today, and guess what?  Another "late date" Spotted Sandpiper!  I really don't mind eBird questioning me.  After all, we want good science.  It is nice to have a photo of a "late date" bird.

 Northern Harrier



This Northern Harrier was hunting in the cell that I was watching for some White-crowned Sparrows.  I had the truck off and was parked hoping the sparrows would show themselves.  Now I can see why they were hiding.  In the last picture she seems to be giving me the "stink eye".  It's not my fault that she missed lunch!

Snow Geese
Still in the same field (27) as yesterday. 

- Charlie DeWitt

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pictures Charlie! What kind of camera setup do you use if you don't mind me asking?