Saturday, March 12, 2016

Of Sandhills, Whoopers, Hawks and Falcons


Friday Emails:

Ted Ogren:  "I was down on Black Lake in front of Greg and Judy's this morning and heard a flock of Sandhill Cranes.  I finally found them, and higher up and off to one side was what looked like a  Whooping Crane !  - all white with black wing tips.  It was totally different than the Sandhills.  I talked to both Greg and Feller and they seem to think that what I saw was a Whooping Crane.  Just wanted to let you know." 

Thanks, Ted.  I think so too.  Maybe someone will see it up at Walkinshaw later?  - Ric

Ken Sapkowski:  "Glenda and I saw one and possibly both of the Red-shouldered Hawks on Sunday on our way back from up north.  I saw your eBird report for them a couple days ago.  Also this webcam view of the Peregrine Falcon box at Grand Haven is pretty cool!  Not in the box right this second, but has been seen a lot.  Might be worth mentioning on the website."

Thanks, Ken.  Here it is ...  http://199.116.53.3/  ... and those red-shouldereds were still around here yesterday. - Ric

No comments: