Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sedge Wrens No / Connecticut Warblers Yes


I missed my "automatic annual Sedge Wrens" at Hofma Preserve south of Grand Haven yesterday.  The only wrens I heard or saw were Marsh.  I did meet a Celtic Wedding party leaving as I was arriving.  I thought one guy was carrying a tripod and scope over his shoulder, but it turned out to be just a huge broadsword.  Ho-hum.

Later in the day Brian Johnson, answering a bird question I'd asked, added:

" ... but I've otherwise found plenty of time for Muskegon birding.  I've done fairly well this year, but no rarities. Connecticut Warblers at Lake Harbor and Black Lake were notable.  Shorebird numbers have been outstanding, and I'm really looking forward to the final numbers."

These are the times when I'm reminded what league I'm in (T-ball, not Big League).  If I ever see even one Connecticut Warbler anywhere anytime (not to mention two in the same spring in Muskegon), I will consider them at least rarities, I will get very excited, and I will use adjectives more enthusiastic than "notable".  :-)

- Ric

No comments: