Thursday, March 30, 2017

Wednesday Birding


 Tree Swallow


Wednesday I birded the Muskegon County Wastewater for an hour and got my FOY Tree Swallow and noticed the RI fields were full of spider webs covered with ice crystals.  I had 26 bird species at the WW.

 Sandhill Cranes

 Wilson's Snipe

My next stop was Lane's Landing.  I spent an hour there and had 16 species.  The Sandhill Cranes were making lots of noise and I had this Wilson's Snipe do a flyby.   I also had a FOY Pied-billed Grebe calling in the marsh.

 Brown-headed Cowbird

 North American Porcupine

My last stop was the Muskegon State Game Area Headquarters.  I spent an hour and a half birding the area and saw 21 species of birds and a porcupineMy total number of bird species for the 3 1/2 hours was 44.

- Charlie DeWitt

4 comments:

Don Neumann said...

Nice spider web shot Charlie.

Charlie DeWitt said...

Thanks Don

Unknown said...

I didn't know we have porcupines! Do we have any beaver? Thank you!

Charlie DeWitt said...

This is the first time I have seen a porcupine in Muskegon County. There have been some beaver in the county.
Charlie DeWitt