Monday, April 5, 2021

Mourning Dove Rambi Is Back

 

Mike Vanderstelt emailed this information about Rambi* today.  

"He will not land on me anymore, which is a good thing, but kind of bittersweet.  He's not afraid of me at all, and will come in onto the deck and land within a foot of me or so before going over to grab a snack. I can just talk continuously to him and he doesn't seem to mind or get nervous one bit. He still has his mate, (assuming it's the same female) and she will come in with him periodically.  Of course, she doesn't get anywhere near me if I am sitting out here, and will just sit along the deck rail on the other end of the deck waiting for him. She will come down and feed if I'm not actually outside. I would imagine if he had young last year he will be a grandpa this year LOL."

Mike also sent a video from which this photo was made.

- Ric

* Browse through posts from the last two years for the complete story of Rambi.

No comments: