Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bald Eagle Yoga + Bad Human Behavior

.
I spent a couple hours at the Wastewater with this Bald Eagle Wednesday afternoon.
.
( There were a lot of birders / photographers chasing one Snowy Owl all over, repeatedly approaching way too close, even on foot.  I guess someone got bored with the owl flying away, so they came over and got out of their car to scare off the eagle, too!!   #@%*#!  
.
Don Neumann
.


.
Great shots of the eagle, Don!  A Mich-listers report yesterday described similar behavior of people repeatedly approaching a Snowy Owl at the Wastewater on Tuesday.   See "Number of Birders at the Wastewater Lately?" posted Dec. 22 below.  - Ric
.

3 comments:

Mike VanderStelt said...

Great work Donald!
Especially the 2nd shot. I witnessed the same thing the other day (people) with everyone "jockying for position" around that poor Owl. It didn't get a chance to relax at all, (I watched it with Binoculars from a distance) and kept figgiting on it's perch and eventually flying to another -- where it started all over again. :(
And, by the way -- I think your "cap lock" was on for the last word in your post -- could you spell it in english? ;)
Mike VanderStelt

Susie said...

Don, I saw the same harassment of the wildlife several days this week, I saw you on Wed and backed up, sad that some people who call themselves nature photographers put the picture before the nature, ruining the experience for all. I especially hate it when a person 'flushes' the bird for a flying picture, I greatly respect all the time you are willing to wait on a bird to get your great natural flying shots.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words Susie.