Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tundra Swans at Wolf Lake


November 13 Email:

Good morning Ric,
This morning I saw this flotilla of about 30 Tundra Swans on Wolf Lake and heard their whistling sounds. The photo is a cropped image taken through the window glass.  When I stepped outside to get a better photo I must have spooked them and they flew to the other side of the lake.  I was originally watching a bunch of American Coots which routinely get attacked by a Bald Eagle looking for a meal (which is quite a sight to see) when I heard and saw the swans.

Ron Buechele 


2 comments:

Ric said...

Caleb Putnam and others have posted to Mich-chat this week that there is a significant Tundra Swan migration flowing over this area recently and that basically it fits the usual November (and March) pattern for this species.

Anonymous said...

About 6 or 8 of them circled over my apartment in North Muskegon November 13th. They headed towards Bear Lake.
Roxanne Eacker
North Muskegon