Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hoary Redpoll, Purple Sandpiper Etc.


December 12 Email:

Hey Ric,

I went to the Wastewater today after my last exam to see what was around. I had a Cackling Goose and a Snow Goose mixed in with the geese on the east lagoon. Near the west end of the active dump I had a Hoary Redpoll mixed in with a flock of Commons. The bird was hanging out with the Commons in a small tree along the edge of the ditch.

In northern Ottawa County at near the corner of 68th street and Garfield, just south of I-96 I had a lone adult Snowy Owl.

Good Birding,

Jonathan Lautenbach


Carol Cooper photographed this Purple Sandpiper about 1:00 p.m. Dec. 12 along the inner side of the breakwater at Pere Marquette Park, presumably the same bird Jonathan (and others before) is reporting. - Ric

No comments: