Saturday, April 5, 2014

Cackling Geese and Snowy Owl


April 4 Email:

Ric, I don't know if you want to post these pictures because they are a little old.  I will not be taking any more pictures for six to eight weeks because of my shoulder surgery.  The Cackling Geese look like hutchinsii in the Stokes Field Guide to the Birds of North America, page 12. 

Charlie DeWitt



Charlie, I hope your rotator cuff heals properly and you can get back out in the field soon.  Why don't you send other photos like these occasionally and we'll post them even if they're not "recent".  Posting your Snowy Owl also gives me the opportunity to lift the moratorium on posting that species here.  It seemed that there were far fewer of them on the Wastewater properties this season than the year of the mis-behaving bird-chasers.  By now most should be heading back to their breeding grounds (the owls, not the chasers).  - Ric

No comments: