Thursday, January 6, 2011

I counter Feller's offer with -- Ross's Goose YES!

.





     Feller may not have noticed, but his rival (Brother Charlie) arrived and spotted the Ross's Goose in a matter of minutes -- FINDING it in the same place I was just looking and NOT finding it! (oh the Humanity).  So these shots have to be credited to "Sir Charles" for bringing the Ross's to my attention. They're only I.D. quality as it was 5:30 and cloudy when we shot them -- but I figured he needed to "rub it in", so here they are along with a few Golden Eagle, and what Ric I.D.'d as an immature Red-shouldered Hawk. Thanks everyone for "holding my hand" today, at least everyone BUT Feller -- he could have let me in on the short-eared's :)
     The Golden Eagle shots will be in the next post as they wouldn't load into this one.

- Mike VanderStelt
.

2 comments:

Charlie DeWitt said...

Not bad pictures for the conditions. Big brother said his cell phone was home on the counter.
Why would we want to know that the Short-eared Owls were sitting 20 feet from the road. I told Feller that the owls were waiting for Mike M. to throw them a mouse.

Mike VanderStelt said...

We should all just make a "standing rule" that we bring a 2-way when at W.W. and -call in- when we get there (channel 11 for those who don't know) so we can sort-of coordinate our attack by informing others where the action is. It sure helps on our outings. Mice would be optional of course :) -- sure do miss M.M. as I'm sure do the Birds.
Mike VanderStelt