Monday, October 11, 2010

Blog formatting problem - See Comment Below

.
Ric- in checking this blog I am noticing all of a sudden that nearly all of the old messages are formatted incorrectly, squeezed into the rightmost column on the screen, and bascially illegible. This started for the first time about a week ago, maybe less, and I tried to go in and fix it but do not have admin privileges for the "layout" area. Are others noticing this new problem, and Ric, can you attempt to see what is different, or let me know if it's just me?

Thanks,
Caleb Putnam
.

2 comments:

Andy said...

This is a problem unique to Mozilla Firefox (not surprisingly...ever since they went to rev 3 that s/w has been just abysmal). I've just checked the site with Google Chrome and IE and it formats properly with both of those browsers. Firefox has the formatting problem (I haven't tried Opera or Safari).

I do not know the root cause of this but you might try googling "firefox" with "blogspot" and maybe "formatting" to see if others are seeing similar issues.

- Andy

Andy said...

Looks like this is some interoperability problem between Blogger and Mozilla Firefox version 3.6.x. I trolled around the internets a bit and people have reported these problems for years.

One easy fix that seems to help some people is to clear the Mozilla Firefox cache. It didn't help on my machine.

I also upgraded from Firefox 3.6.3 to the latest 3.6.10 and I have the same formatting error in both versions.

So I think the moral of the story is to just dump Firefox and use a better browser. It seems like the least reliable of all the major browsers out there (IE, Chrome, Safari).

- Andy