Monday, October 25, 2010

Purple Sandpiper & Rough-legged Hawk

.
Kathryn Mork:  The Purple Sandpiper was there (south breakwall, Pere Marquette Park) at 9:00 this morning. Just before the elbow I scanned along the inside edge and I could see it at about the second lamp post. It was at the water's edge and was out of sight when I got out there. But its heart softened and it came up on top of a rock and I got a very good look at it. I saw just one. 

Ric Pedler:  Its heart hardened soon afterward; I walked the length of the south breakwater this morning between 9:40 and 10:15 and saw only a female Redhead and a juvenile Double-crested Cormorant.  (The morning was still a success, however, because then I went hawk-watching at the Channel and saw our first migrating Rough-legged Hawk of the season and a migrating Merlin.)
.

No comments: