Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Harrier and Peregrine - Rich Schadle

.
October 3 Email:

I just want to let you know that my wife and I saw a Northern Harrier at the Muskegon Wastewater plant today.  It was flying over the middle road between the two dikes. I was able to get a few pictures from a distance and I have attached the best two.



I also photographed a Peregrine Falcon last Sunday (Sept. 26) on top of the south pier light at the Muskegon Channel (Pere Marquette Park). This one was really friendly and stayed for about 15 minutes. I have attached one picture of that one as well.

Rich Schadle - Grand Rapids


After thanking Rich for his photos, I asked him to check his other images of the Peregrine to see if it were banded (the bird's age, behavior and location might indicate it's one of this year's Cobb Plant brood).  Rich replied with the following two photos.  I've emailed Nik Kalejs of the D.N.R. to look at these pictures, and if Nik sends us any information about the bird's identity, I'll post it.

BTW:  These peregrine pictures are excellent examples of how you can click a blog photo once, then click it again, to see it full-sized.  In this case, possibly read the band numbers.

- Ric


.

No comments: