Monday, April 3, 2017

Ruff at the Wastewater This Afternoon !






About 2:30 p.m. I got a call from Ken Sapkowski that someone had reported a Ruff at the Wastewater.  I told him that I would meet him there.  When I got to the Wastewater, I bumped into Chip Francke and he told me the Ruff was in Rapid Infiltration Cell D2.  I found it right away and watched it for a little over an hour.

- Charlie DeWitt

Thanks to everybody, especially Terry Grabill who made the initial Mich-listers report and Charlie for the photographs!  This is not only a fantastic rarity, but being a male in breeding plumage, a truly beautiful shorebird as well.  The only other Ruff ever reported at the Wastewater was by Jim Ponshair in 1982, a bird that stuck around June 5, 6, and 7.  Let's hope this one does too!  - Ric

No comments: