Saturday, April 15, 2017

This 'n That from Today and Last Week


The Ruff is still being reported this afternoon at the Swanson Road location posted below.

I spent this morning walking Black Lake Park.  I recorded 40 bird species and increased my Year List to 91 as if anyone were counting.

Highlights included a Common Raven ! flying over the Wood Road bridge at 9:00, a female Yellow-bellied Sapsucker at the creek along the park's south border, several Ruby-crowned Kinglets foraging there as well (many singing and calling), Sandhill Crane, Golden-crowned Kinglet, Pileated Woodpecker, Osprey, Blue-winged Teal, Hermit Thrush, Pine Warbler, Brown Creeper and Yellow-rumped Warbler.

I discovered that trying to photograph some of these birds (especially the kinglets) with my camera was like trying to nail jelly to a tree, but I did get a few obstructed and butt shots.

Ruby-Crowned Kinglet

Hermit Thrush

Pine Warbler

Yellow-rumped Warbler
- Ric

Here's a better photo from Casey Irwin of a Palm Warbler in his yard on April 11:


No comments: