Thursday, February 10, 2011

Grand Haven - Cold and Windy but Worth It!

.
Lots of folks coming to see the Black-legged Kittiwake in Grand Haven and as you can see (last photo below) there are indeed two of them.  - Don Neumann


Don't stop just for them.. White winged Scoters are still there.  Peregrine Falcons were on the smoke stack today.



 And maybe it's just me, but the Bald Eagles are amazing!





February 10 to Mich-listers:

2 Black-legged Kittiwakes were seen today at about 4:00 p.m. in the water just off the point of Linear Park. The birds were seen readily from the boardwalk at Chinook Pier. 

Good Birding,
Jamie Krupka
.

3 comments:

H&H Photos said...

Don, my bird book says that the adults of these birds have a yellow bill. All the picts show birds with black bills. Am I to assume that these are immature birds?

Rick Hamlin

Don Neumann said...

My guess is your asking about the Kittiwake. My book shows imature, first winter...

H&H Photos said...

Thanks Don and yes, I was asking about the
Kittiwake.


























ittiwake.