Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snipes at Wastewater Tuesday

.
Rick Hamlin emailed:
.
I saw 4 Wilson's Snipe at the Wastewater today (Feb. 8). I couldn't get all four of them to pose in one picture for me. I may need to talk to Mike V. about his next class; hopefully it includes posing wild game. I did get a picture with three of them and I suppose if I had changed out my lens, I could have gotten all four, but they would have been pretty hard to see. Don't feel obligated to post these photos; I just wanted to let everyone know that there are now more than two. They are still hunting the same ditch.

Rick Hamlin





Rick,

No obligation, but these are worth posting.  Thanks!

- Ric
.

3 comments:

Mike VanderStelt said...

Nice shots Rick,
O.K., O.K, One "free" lesson.
The advanced "posing" class 101.
Bring along 2 reflectors, (makes you look like a pro) and as you "shoot" the Snipes, say something to the effect of -- "oh yea baby" -- I like it, thats what we want, flip your Feathers for me -- oh yes, yes, work it! If this works, you may want to get my "red Carpet" DVD which I offer during "oscar week" for 40% off to the first 100 callers. (A must have)
Mike V. :)

H&H Photos said...

Hmmmmm, no phone number posted to get one of those free DVDs? My luck, they are probably already gone anyway. Thanks Mike. :)

Mike VanderStelt said...

Sorry -- they sold out (along with the Chicken dance song)
BUT, on topic, it's funny how, in all places, these Snipes find each other in 1 little ditch at W.W. when at the same time, the Ross's Goose, and Kittiwake seem to be somewhat lost. Makes you wonder if they ever find their original group again after the seasons change.
Just another one of those "things that make you say MMMMM" It also shows (on Rick's part) that persistance pays off.
Mike VanderStelt