Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Snowies, Harrier and Peregrine Photos & Video

.
The two Snowy Owls sat on this power pole for a long time (north of the East Lagoon) and a third was hunting the north edge of the lagoon. As luck would have it, it was hunting about a quarter mile in front of me and I didn't see it until leaving the other two.  Then it was getting too dark to chase it around.
.
Our Peregrine Falcon was in its usual spot. The Northern Harrier got a little curious as to what the heck was in its territory but (wisely) chose to "observe only".
.
Here is a Video of one Snowy.  It's a little shaky (handheld) but what the heck!  I had my tripod in the back of my truck and didn't want to risk opening the door.  That won't happen again!  It's kind of funny when it shakes its head, "No, no, no, no!"  :)
.
Mike VanderStelt
.


.

2 comments:

Charlie DeWitt said...

Mike, thanks again for the phone call. I needed a Snowy Owl for this year.

Charlie DeWitt

RichH Photography said...

Very nice work Mike!