Thursday, May 3, 2012

Good Birds at Wastewater Today

.
May 3 Email:
.
The second aeration cell from the west was pretty hot today.
Bruce Bodjack of the Grand Traverse Audubon and I were birding there
and had :

    3 American Avocet
    1 Long-billed Dowitcher
   15 Dunlin
    8 Lesser Yellowlegs
    1 Greater Yellowlegs
     and a few Killdeer

I'm only about 80% sure the Dowitcher was long-billed.  When I get the pictures
from the camera I'll have to get some second opinions.

Many other birds around too: Baltimore Oriole (which I hadn't seen yet),
Eastern Kingbird, Tree, Barn, Bank, and Cliff Swallows and more.

On the way out we had 5 Upland Sandpipers on White Road west of Swanson.
I'm rushing through this hoping you can get the word out for birders this evening.

Later, 
.
Ken Sapkowski
.

No comments: