Thursday, January 12, 2012

Can You Use Our Comments Page?

.
I would appreciate hearing from anyone who tries this:
.
Click "comments" below this post and see if the Comments page displays properly, or locks.  If it displays properly, please leave a comment (anonymously is fine) saying that it worked for you and mentioning what browser you're using.  If it locks, back out of it (or restart your browser) and email me that it didn't work and what browser you're using.
.
Mike VanderStelt brought it to my attention that Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser (the one most people use because it came installed on their computer) locks when he tries to leave a comment.  I normally use the Google Chrome browser, and it works fine.  However, I just tried Internet Explorer, and it locked somewhat like Mike's.
.
Thanks!
.
- Ric
.
PS:  As a "gift" for trying this, I've posted in my second comment a website address (thanks to Mike for this) that shows how to identify Snowy Owls as adult male, first year or immature male, or female.  If your browser can't display our Comments page and you email me as suggested above, I'll reply to you with Mike's owl website address.  How can you lose?  :-)
.

8 comments:

Ric said...

It worked for me using Google Chrome.

Ric said...

Thanks to Mike VanderStelt for this excellent website explaining how to age and sex Snowy Owls:

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/crows/snowy.htm

(Just copy it from here and paste it into your browser window.)

Anonymous said...

safari works

Nathan DeBruine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nathan DeBruine said...

Works for me using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Opera, but in Internet Explorer the page locks up.

Mike VanderStelt said...

Ric,
Just loaded Chrome myself -- a good 2hrs. after I talked to you, and it works fine, I.E.8 on the other hand, still total lockup. One note though, the text in here isn't near as sharp as with I.E.8, it looks almost like those old "text only" printers from way back, but hey, it's got spell check, which is telling me (apparently) that I'm spelling my last name wrong, (GRRR) oh well, familytree.com, here I come! ;)
Mike VanderStelt

sissypants said...

Works fine for me using Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera, but not Internet Explorer. I highly recommend switching browsers if you're on internet explorer, since this is one of a plethora of instances where scripting is not as powerful in internet explorer as the other browsers.

RichH Photography said...

Google Chrome works for me. And thanks Mike for the link.