Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Short-eared and Snowy Owls + Eagle Video

.
.
.
I got these two shots yesterday at the Wastewater. The Short-Eared Owl is from "second hand" location info. I got from Don Neumann, who got it from Rick Hamlin. Just the fact that Rick found it in the first place was impressive -- it sure blends in! The Snowy was in its "usual spot", so I took a quick shot as I left. The Bald Eagle video (below) was the adult calling three immatures. As I drove over to that area, I saw them all flying, and this one circled the tree and landed as the three "kids" flew on. It then started calling and calling, as they seemed to pay no attention whatsoever. They never did come back. :)

Mike VanderStelt

2 comments:

RichH Photography said...

Very nice work Mike. There were two owls at that location, did you see both of them. It took me most of an hour to find the second one. He was pretty well camouflaged.

Mike VanderStelt said...

Rick,
No, just the one pictured, NOT that I didn't look :) but no luck. Heck I was parked right next to this one for 2-3 minutes befor I seen it! I just followed the truck tracks and then saw where either you or Don got out of the vehicle, so I figured it (this one) had to be "right in front of me" and sure enough there it was. Good eyes!!
Mike VanderStelt