Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ditching Internet Explorer Solves the Problem

.
Folks, regarding the problem described in the previous post, those not using Microsoft's Internet Explorer have left numerous comments all stating that they're having no problem, none stated better than this from Zachary DeBruine:.

Zachary DeBruineJan 12, 2012 01:27 PM
Works fine for me using Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera, but not Internet Explorer. I highly recommend switching browsers if you're on internet explorer, since this is one of a plethora of instances where scripting is not as powerful in internet explorer as the other browsers..
Likewise, several of you using Internet Explorer have emailed, all saying that you cannot leave a comment and in some cases cannot send me email directly from the web page as you used to do.  When I use Explorer to leave a comment, the whole program locks up.
.
I have no better solution than Zachary's above -- go out and download another reputable browser (they're all free).  I used Firefox for a long time, but switched to Google's Chrome when Firefox had problems displaying our pages, so even though Firefox is working in this case, I'd personally steer clear of it also.  On Apple computers, Apple's Safari browser has given some problems with our pages, but I've heard of no problem with the PC version of Safari.  I used to use Opera to check the website and it always worked properly, and as I stated earlier, I now use Chrome and it's always worked on our pages and every website I've visited.
.
For everybody, here's the excellent Snowy Owl website that Mike VanderStelt sent us (mentioned in the P.S. in the post below):
.
http://www.birds.cornell.edu/crows/snowy.htm
.
Thanks all for your comments, however you sent them!
.
- Ric
.

1 comment:

Don Neumann said...

Ric, I clicked the underlined title of this post and can leave comments using explorer on Friday. It did not work clicking the "comments" link. Doesn't seem to work on the older posts...