Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thursday Sightings Here and There

.
December 9 Email from Feller DeWitt:

Ric, I spent an hour at Pere Marquette this morning and saw the following ducks , etc. all outside the piers:  Bufflehead- 50, Red-breasted Merganser- 75, Common Goldeneye-200-250, all males that I could see.  On the horizon there were thousands of ducks flying back and forth that I assumed were Long-tailed Ducks.  It was bitter cold and I should have worn my fleece lined pants . I am still cold!  - Feller 

December 9 Reply:

Feller, thanks for the report.  Meanwhile I'm not sure I really convinced Carol that the Wastewater was along the route to the Mall, but we did drive around the WW for an hour this morning looking unsuccessfully for the Golden Eagles.  All we found were the usual suspects: ~75 Snow Buntings at the granery, four Bald Eagles (2 adults, too far away to see if banded) on the frozen lagoons, four light-morph Rough-legged Hawks hunting the fields south of Apple, and a Red-tailed Hawk waving us good-bye as we headed west toward our Christmas shopping.   - Ric
.

No comments: